Monday, June 05, 2006
an open letter to the creators of the sopranos
Really?

First, you made me wait two years for the final season of The Sopranos. It was difficult, but I've forgiven you for your distance. I admit that I attempted to fill the void you left by turning to other shows, Deadwood and Entourage for instance, but you and I both know that nothing else could replace you, so I was willing to wait until you figured things out.

Then you tell me that the final season is going to be cut in half and I'm going to have to wait another six months to watch the show's eight final episodes. Fine. I'm not happy about it, but what can I do? Obviously you still have shit to work out and you need some more time (you had TWO YEARS to figure shit out, but whatever, I guess you need more).

And it's not like I haven't enjoyed your return. You made me wonder if a lead character might die like only an HBO show can do and my love for the "Spatafore twist" is well documented, so pardon me if I didn't get my hopes a bit high for the mid-season's season finale.

So I watch.
And wait.
And you give me this?

Anthony Jr. is dating a Latino chick with a baby, Christopher is dating Tony's real estate agent and Carmela's spec house is back up and running and, pardon me, but....WHO CARES???!!!! Absolutely nothing happened and that's what you give me to tide me over until 2007!!!

Fine. Okay. Whatever.

Stupid, stupid, awesome show


1 Comments:

Blogger Carrie said...

Obviously, you have seen that I have a similar feeling. Normally, I would say screw it and bring on Deadwood, but it's hard to get excited for that knowing that there's a good chance we'll never see the ending for that show. HBO, you're getting on my nerves. Remind me again why I'm bothering to pay for you?

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer