Wednesday, January 25, 2006
so what if matt met drew barrymore? i have charlie.
Since he's relocated to NYC, my brother has become quite the little name dropper. Apparently he found a way to finagle his way into an SNL after, after party last Saturday night. So, while I was sleeping, he was making an "ass" out of himself in front of Horatio Sanz, making the chick from SNL with no chin feel "uncomfortable" and getting sneered at by Drew Barrymore. What a sceanster. I'm so jealous.

And since I have no cool after parties to go to, here's some of my favorite things about tonight's Lost...

Favorite quotes:
1. Ana Lucia to Jack on the subject of Kate: "Are you hittin' that?"

2. Locke to Charlie on the subject of Claire: "You've given up the right to
be believed, Charlie." (I can't wait to use this on a student, by the way).

3. Claire and Ecko in the jungle:
Claire: "What are you doing?"
Ecko: " I'm marking trees."
Claire: "Why?"
Ecko: "Because these are the ones that I like."

Favorite scenes:
1. Charlie's Renaissance-esque dream, culminating in Hurley dressed like Moses. Biblical Hurley - funny!

2. Drive Shaft filming a commercial wearing diapers and sucking on pacifiers. Washed-up rock stars - super funny!

3. Locke punching Charlie in the face and leaving him shivering in the ocean while everyone turns to walk away - not funny in the least (I do have a heart, I'll have you know).

Allusion/theme I appreciated:
1. John Locke to John the Baptist. As John the Baptist cleansed man of his sins, let Locke cleanse Charlie of his temptations. (But why didn't you destroy the heroin, Locke?)

2. Purity masking evil. Virgin Mary statues hiding heroin and Claire's baby needing a baptism. Is Aaron evil? I can only hope...

Finally, one scene I could have done without:
Charlie getting his face stiched-up. Ewww.


P.S. Does anyone else sense that the whole Kate- Sawyer-Jack love triangle must be leading up to one of them dying? I hope it's Jack, although I fear it will probably be Sawyer.


4 Comments:

Blogger Carrie said...

I don't think they'd kill off Jack or Sawyer, but maybe I'm wrong. I could hope for Kate, but that probably won't happen! I haven't gotten that feeling that one of them will die- I think that they're just going to go with Kate/Sawyer and Jack/Ana Lucia now.

But anyway, I was kinda bored by this episode. I don't know, I don't feel like I learned that much more about Charlie. But whatever.

Blogger Nathan said...

Regarding Locke being John the Baptist cleansing men of their sins and what not... remember, last episode Sawyer did refer to Locke as "Mr. Clean".

P.S. "You are everybody"

Blogger paul said...

I think Locke refrained from destroying the heroin for the same reason Charlie was stashing it: shit can get messed up on this island and it never hurts to have a little H around just in case. EVERYBODY (even Locke) probably has a point where heroin probably isnt just AN option but probably the ONLY option.

Plus, I'm sure Dr.Jack could find some medicinal use for it.

Also, I used to think Locke was kind of a dick and then I didn't and now after this episode I kind if think he is again...

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think that Swayer and Jack are both too hot to let go.They we both named in the top 10 "hotest hunks on tv" by In Touch Magazine this week. Swayer was numero uno and Jack was number 9.

If any of the main characters bite the dust I think it's Charlie. He's pissed off everyone and they all think he's dangerous.

After he's gone they will find out that Locke is the real junkie......well maybe!

Mom

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer