Tuesday, September 04, 2007
overheard at the renaissance faire
A dad, looking uncomfortably out-of-sorts amidst a sea of people dressed in faerie wings and chain maille and plus-sized bodices, shouts out to his toddler-aged son,

"Hey! Don't run ahead! The last thing you want is for one of these freaks to come up with a sword and hack your face off!"
How...fuzzily fatherly. Makes me wonder how he bids his son goodnight. Something along the lines of, "Goodnight night, sleep tight, and don't forget nearly 1,000 children get abducted each day in the U.S.!," perhaps? Eke.

UPDATE: Good God I had to edit that tiny post far too many times, and my apologies to those who read it in its original form. Scary. I forgot how mentally exhausting this teaching thing can be, and I'll try to be in better shape tomorrow.

And by the way, I have no idea how many children are abducted each day in the U.S, but I think I read 1,000 somewhere on the Internet. And as we all know, if it's on the Internet, it must be true.

Labels:



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer