Thursday, August 23, 2007
re: why i'm ignoring you today, even if it's not immediately apparent that i am doing so
Oh heck. Ordinarily, I'd have got up this morning, poured a cup of coffee, read some horrific story on CNN.com, got really depressed, clicked over to McSweeney's or elsewhere, got undepressed, found inspiration somewhere to compose a blog post about something, took a shower, then lay about for a bit. And it would have been lovely.

But not today.

See, I have to meet with a colleague this morning about that syllabus I still haven't written, then go somewhere and write the syllabus after meeting with her about the syllabus that I have not yet writ. So, yes, today needs to be a bit more productive than the last 45 or so have been; consequently, I'm banning myself from technological distractions for the better part of the day.

However, while I'm dusting off a desk that I haven't seen since June and slaving away over a red-hot syllabus you better believe that I'll be thinking about you, baby. I even wrote a song for you. And while you listen, do remember that of all the places I'd rather be, where you are comes first.

But...come to think of it I would love to be back in Venice...or at the beach...and then there's the discount shoe room at Von Maur...and snuggley in my bed is awfully nice too....

But yes, after all those other places - with you, of course. (Providing that's what you are into.)



1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's business time!

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer