Thursday, August 30, 2007
feeling poetical
The frustrated interior decorator in me couldn't resist rearranging every item of furniture in my classroom today, and so - a bunch of sweat and one slightly injured shoulder later - my heavy lifting led to the discovery of some magnetic poetry on my chalkboard that began last year with the best intentions, but ultimately needed to be hidden behind a bookshelf due to the fact that many of my kids were...well...a bit horrid. Either I didn't notice these poetic gems before I covered them up, my students figured out my meager attempt to stifle their "creativity" and foiled it by reaching back there and composing anyway, or the custodian who cleans my room likes to wax poetical. Either way, I sort of liked them, and since sharing is nice I thought I just might.

This first one is actually sort of sweetly earnest, and perfectly encapsulates how I'm feeling right about now:


This next one starts expectantly sulky, but then takes a rather unexpected turn for the pervy:

But my favorite is this:

So many volumes are in those two little words. And you know, I'm not sure I have an answer for him/her. At least not one we could both get behind.

And on that note, I'm going to get my lazy weekend started a bit early over in these parts. Play nice, eat your vegetables and I'll holla at ya Tuesday.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer