Wednesday, August 29, 2007
because, face it, everyone looks better in black and white
Today I was all primed and set to write something about how mad "the office" made me this afternoon, about how the only way I see feeling supported at work is by wearing a really good bra, and that would probably have led to something about how cranky I've been in general for the past three days for no particularly good reason but...aw screw it. That's no fun.

What is fun, however, is Pajiba's comment diversion for the day.

And for the record, if I could transport back in time to 1941-1959, had a very understanding spouse and was bisexual, my five celebrity freebies would be:

5. Marlon Brando (circa On the Waterfront, not Apocalypse Now, obv.)
4. Bettie Page (sure, she sorta looks like she'd smell bad, but...some people are worth holding your nose for, yes?)
3. Dean Martin (further proof that gorgeous things can come from Eastern Ohio, that cat can sing to me whenever he wants)
2. James Dean (sulky, handsome, and died before his time - well twist my arm why don't you)

and finally...

1. Paul- freakin' blue-eyed - Newman
(grrr, baby, grrr!)


But honorable mentions would have to go to Grace Kelly and Jimmy Stewart for the simple reason that I'm a great big ole' sloppy Hitchcock fan.

Now if you'll excuse me, I just remembered that I need to add Cool Hand Luke, The Hustler, Rear Window and Rope to my Netflix queue while I'm still all hot and bothered...woof!


4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Veronica Lake, baby!

Blogger Kathleen said...

Oooh. I hear you on Paul Newman. I'd have to add Carey Grant and a Roman Holiday-era Gregory Peck. Man, they just don't build them like they used to.

Blogger Carrie said...

Our lists are pretty similar. Actually, I would just sub out Dean Martin and Betty Page for Gregory Peck and Audrey Hepburn.

And yes, yes, yes to Paul Newman. That man is the hottest thing to ever walk the earth. Like the standard to which all other men are now measured. Whew.

Blogger Nathan said...

C'mon now... you can't measure all men against Paul Newman. That's just not fair.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer