Wednesday, August 29, 2007
birdhouse of horror
Please picture me, so fresh and so clean, newly emerged from the post-run shower and about to sit down with a glass of red in hand and a laptop in lap when,

*swoosh!*


and from the corner of my eye I spy...



then, after a whole lot of barking and a fair bit of screaming, it *swooshed!* itself right on over to...





Terrifying, eh? So, after the barking and the screaming and the realization that this is only a bird for Christ's sake, instincts kicked in. Chloe, being a beast, tried to eat it. Me, being from the hills of nowheresville Ohio, wanted to do what daddy did whenever a bat got in our house. (I'll spare you the details least you think I'm the beast.) Fortunately, cooler, more peace-loving heads prevailed, and our house is once again sans bird without so much as a drop of blood shed.

But there was a moment or two when I thought we were surely done for. Oh yes, I'm surprised we all made it out alive. The monstrous, red-eyed, enormous, vampiric zombie demon bird almost prevailed, but we felled the fell beastie! We felled that sucker good!!!

It was a life-flashing-before-your-eyes, reevaluation-of-your-priorities sort of evening, you know?


5 Comments:

Blogger Carrie said...

Ugh. That would've freaked me out too. Glad everyone made it out safe.

Did you ever figure out how it got in??

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"a fair bit of screaming" is your next fantasy football team name, even if you don't know it yet...

Blogger JMW said...

Yeah, I had to deal with a bat in a lake house a few weeks ago, and it felt like WWIII. Walls are supposed to keep nature out! Glad everyone got through it safely, including the bird...

Blogger Mrs. White said...

As for how it got into our home, I'm pretty sure it was how all evil things enter - through a gaping portal to hell that suddenly and mysteriously appears and threatens to consume us all.

Blogger Kathleen said...

Glad it all worked out! And, I know what you mean about the bats... at our house, it involved a tennis racket and a garbage bag. Yech.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer