Friday, October 20, 2006
i dream creepy
Sorry things have been quiet around here recently. Report cards, parent conferences, a mountain of papers to grade and larceny have all been occupying too much of my time. I have loads of things to write about, but haven’t had the time to sit and do it. Truthfully, I don’t really have the time now either, but I have a short one for you just the same.

I had a very upsetting dream earlier this week that even now I hesitate to write about because it’s still giving me chills. I normally don’t remember my dreams (I guess my life is filled with enough weird shit that weird events don’t need to happen while I’m sleeping) but this one was sort of memorable. First, I dreamt that I had a cat. I know, that’s not weird at all, but wait, there’s more. It seems that my cat couldn’t have babies. Again, this isn’t weird because I would never have a pet if it weren’t spayed or neutered. However, it seems that I felt bad for my barren cat, so I decided to be a surrogate mother for her. For some reason, I impregnated myself with her cat babies and was waiting to birth kittens. Gross. Fortunately I woke up before I went into labor. That’s a scene that I don’t think my psyche could have handled.

When I woke up, I shared my dream with Nathan, who proved to be Johnny-on-the-Spot with the ‘ole dream analysis. Without batting an eye he says something to the effect of, “Well, that’s easy. Your dream means that you want to have kids, but you aren’t ready for the responsibility. You only want kids if you can leave them at home alone for a week with a bowl of food and water.”

Huh. Well, yeah, I guess that’s about right. Symbolic or not, I’m still grossed out. And just for the record, I vow to never be a surrogate mother, whether the baby be human, feline or otherwise. You know, in case you were wondering.


2 Comments:

Blogger Carrie said...

Look at how pretty you are! I dig the new look.

(I miss you, my dear. But I will see you soon...Btw, feel free to come down next Friday if you want to hang for longer. We'll talk...)

Blogger Mrs. White said...

thanks! i was itching for a change. i'm in for friday, btw.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer