Monday, October 02, 2006
if yom kippur and lent got into a fight i'm not sure who would win, but at least with the former i get all my atoning done in one day
Arg. It feels like I've just had the worst streak of bad luck recently. Car problems, roof problems, work problems, a cold that had lingered for over two weeks...things better be looking up soon or I'm going to start getting cranky. I don't really have anything interesting to say about my luck; I guess I just feel compelled to share with world (and by "the world" I mean the handful of people who actually read this tripe) that it sucks more than usual as of late. On the bright side, I've won my second fantasy football match-up in a row and I didn't have to go to work today because it's Yom Kippur. We have only a teeny, tiny fraction of Jewish kids in my district, but we finally got Martin Luther King Day off for the first time last year, so I guess they decided to go all out, multiculturally speaking. Let's hear it for WASP guilt!

Actually, I need a wee favor. I have a Halloween party coming up in the near future and I'm in need of costume ideas. The theme is 70s pop culture icons. I absolutely REFUSE to wear a wig again this year, so I need suggestions for ladies with long, brown hair. Insert suggestions in the comment section below. Please and thanks.

Sorry this post kinda sucked. I'll try to get myself into some funny or endearing situation tomorrow that will make a good story. If not, I'll just make one up. Promise.


5 Comments:

Blogger Carrie said...

Ideas off the top of my head: Karen Carpenter, Mary Tyler Moore, Mindy (as in Mork and), Susan Dey, Wonder Woman, a Charlie's Angel, Princess Leia, Gloria
Steinem. I have a no wig policy too this year, hence me having 70s brunettes on the brain.

Sorry you're having a crappy week, babe! We have a fun weekend ahead of us. Yay! Woohoo!

Blogger Mrs. White said...

Interesting ideas. Since I don't weigh 70 pounds, Karen Carpenter is out. Wonder Woman would be interesting, however I fear the cosutme might get pricey. I would sincerely like to have a golden lasso, however. And, um, how exactly would someone dress up like Gloria Steinem? Just curious.

I must brainstorm further. Thank you, Carrie, for following directions. The rest of you lazy bums who DIDN'T follow directions can kiss it. (And I say that with much love.)

Blogger Carrie said...

Gloria Steinem was a thought I had before I decided on my current costume idea. When I think of her in the 70s, she was always photographed with long straight hair, big glasses, and some kind of grovy dress on. Like this. Maybe this image of her is only iconic to me b/c I've taken too many women's studies classes!

Or you could dress up as her in her playboy bunny phase. I bet that costume might make you quite popular with the boys.

I think you'd make a sassy Wonder Woman. You should look into it.

Blogger Abs said...

I think you could totally pull off Wonder Woman. Think posterboard and spraypaint or glitter. Think shiny blue granny panties with stars stuck on. I did think of Charlie's Angels, like Carrie, what with the no-nonsense, intelligent woman of kick-assery thing.
HOwever, do not forget that Dukes of Hazzard began in 1979, and that Daisy is supposed to be brunette!

Blogger Mrs. White said...

Hmmm... Maybe I can pull off Super Woman. I'll think on it. Daisy Duke sounds interesting, mostly because I was obsessed with her when I was a little kid, but I'm not sure I like the idea of my legs in daisy dukes in October (or any other time of the year for that matter.)

Thanks for the help ladies!

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer