Tuesday, July 11, 2006
ernest and bertram
I remember the first time that it occurred to me that Bert and Ernie might be a gay couple. The idea was suggested by Ms. Welker, my senior year Humanities teacher, who theorized that childhood cartoon characters and muppets like B and E are Hollywood's way of giving small children an education in diversity and compassion. I dismissed her theory at first, but upon further reflection, it made a lot of sense - the shared bedroom, the baths, the fact that they aren't related...

Anyway, you should watch this video because it's brilliant. (And I'm not just saying that because my muppet equivalent is Bert.) You'd think it would be funny, but then it takes a terrible, terrible turn. Enjoy.



(video via ASWOBA)


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was just too, too sad and it was all Miss Piggy's fault.

Mom

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer