Thursday, February 16, 2006
confession thursday
So, blogger tells me that this is my 50th post. Let's celebrate by revealing some of my eccentricities and some embarrassing confessions.

1. I cannot walk past hanging towels, mine or yours, without straightening them.

2. Your feet gross me out and I'd rather you never, ever touch mine. Thank you.

3. The best part of most any meal is the burnt parts. Especially if the burnt parts are cheese.

4. I lovelovelovelove the smell of dogs' paws.

5. I'm sorry, but I just don' t see what the big deal is with the Olympics.

6. When your kid shows me his wiggly, loose teeth I have to fight not to vomit and can just barely resist the urge to slap him so he'll stop. (I'm going to make a fabulous mother, no?)

7. I avoid getting haircuts (only about two per year) because I hate small talk with strangers that much.

8. I can only identify the 50 states with 60% accuracy. (Seriously, those plain states are a bitch, and does anyone truly know where Delaware is if you don't live there?)

9. I have a unnatural dislike for odd numbers. Imagine my relief when 2005 turned into 2006 and I could finally relax.

10. I spent far too much time yesterday taking pointless personality tests on the Internet. Turns out, of all the Sesame Street characters that I could be, I have to be Bert. Great.

11. I took that damn test two more times, trying to manipulate the answers in the hopes that I could be anyone else. Snuffleupagus, Ernie, Big Bird, anyone. Nope. Still Bert.

12. I get really, really excited when a Def Leppard song turns up on my i-pod's shuffle mode, especially if that song is "Love Bites."

So there.



7 Comments:

Blogger Carrie said...

Wow. I only got 37%. I suck. And apparently have absolutely no idea where Colorado is. (I came really close on so many- does that count?)

On the other hand, I am Kermit. Which makes me happier than you know.

Blogger paul said...

I'm flying at a sweet 66%. Apparently somebody was paying attention in grade school.

I am Kermit as well. I guess that makes my wife and I basically the same person (except I'm 29% more aware of the geography of the country I live in).

Blogger Mrs. White said...

All I remember of my geography class in elementary school is making a salt map of North Dakota which I promptly ate. Apparently I absorbed more than just salt though, 'cause 60% appears to be pretty good.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where do you find these personality test?

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, I am big bird you can recognize me by my yellow feathers. I got 44 on the state test, but considering most of my losers were by 20 or 30 miles, I
think I did well.

Blogger Nathan said...

50% accuracy. So close on so many of them.... I think they should rate you on your the number average number of miles you were off.

And I'm Kermit as well.

Blogger L said...

Snuffy. Damn. At least I'm not Elmo or Prairie Dawn. Shudder. For geography, I'd say I'd get something around the 5% mark. Hey, I live in Australia.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer