Friday, June 09, 2006
5 more days...
The end of the school year is at long last upon me, and although the last week of classes is usually a rough one, what with all the final exam stress, final essays and projects to grade and burnt-out students to manage, this year's final week of classes has proven to be particularly heinous for some reason. It's been a never ending barrage of questions - some thoughtful but most trivial - and I am utterly exhausted trying to fend them all. To make matters worse, in a fit of insanity I assigned a final essay that I'll be collecting on Monday, giving me approximately 48 hours to grade all 55 of them. I complain, but no one forced me to assign that damn paper so I guess I should either a) seek help because it appears that I'm unconsciously trying to kill myself with paper work and/or b) quit whining about my lot already because I have no one else to bloody-well blame but my own sorry self.

I post this not to get sympathy (although it's always welcome) but as a note to self. Self, please read this post next June and learn from your past mistakes, since there are far better ways to go than suicide by grading.

On the bright side, I'll be going to a friend's wedding tomorrow and there will likely be an open bar. And I'll be hitting it. Hard.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer