Tuesday, September 18, 2007
happy birthday, matt!
Today is my baby brother's 26th birthday, and to mark the event here are 26 reasons why my brother rocks wicked, wicked hard. So, and in no particular order, Matt...

1. is perhaps the only person I know who can hold his own against me in a song lyrics battle.
2. has excellent bone structure.
3. is freakishly strong for someone who weighs approximately as much as me, yet is six inches taller.
4. has been rumored to cook quite well, despite being a boy.
5 can create very funny and amazingly accurate caricatures of most anyone using only circles.
6. put up with a ton of my bullshit growing up. (Remember the "let's run away from home game," Matt? So sorry about that one..)
7. despite being touch-and-go with some adults, is surprisingly good with small children and animals.
8. has an impressive amount of knowledge about a great many modern illustrators who you most likely have never heard of.
9. does a mean karaoke version of "Total Eclipse of the Heart."
10. has very passionate feelings about MLA format and is unafraid to share them with you.
11. owns both a fez and a smoking jacket.
12. was reading Vonnegut and Heller when I was still reading VC Andrews.
13. can play the guitar very, very well.
14. is the proud owner of a very thick, luxurious mane of hair and is unlikely to ever go bald.
15. is a much better golfer than I am (Although that's not saying much. Nope, not much at all.)
16. is one of the most creative swearers I know.
17. once, in middle school, convinced a bunch of his friends to sell him their souls.
18. has excellent navigational skills.
19. occasionally can be seen doing a mean pole-dance while riding the subway.
20. went through a period in Kindergarten when he only ate tins of sardines in mustard sauce, and for some reason I think that's awesome.
21. has endless patience with me and my myriad Mac questions.
22. has reasonably good taste in music and film.
23. has been known to smell nice sometimes.
24. at five-years-old was known to tear it up at family weddings with his mad breakdancin' skillz.
25. looks quite nice in a suit and tie.

and finally,

26. is the closest person on the planet to sharing my exact DNA, so he really has no choice but to be awesome in most every way imaginable.



Happy birthday, buddy! Love you!!!


1 Comments:

Blogger Carrie said...

Happy Birthday Matt!

Hope to see you while you're back in Michigan over Thanksgiving...

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer