Wednesday, February 14, 2007
so much snow. so much time. so little to do.
I hate to admit it, but I'm bored. This is the second of three weeks where I won't have worked more than three days in the week, and I'm starting to run out of things to do. (Poor, pitiful me, I know.) I braved the roads once today and they were scaaaaaary, so I think I'm holeing myself in for a while. Hence, loads of time wasted on Interweb. I was going to post something entirely different than this, but I second guessed it and instead stole this meme of things we'd want if we were eternally snowed in from Steve, who's also holed in. Hope I don't bore you too much. In fact, feel free to skip it and put a movie in instead. I won't mind.

Still with me? Then here it goes:

Novel You've Read: Nine Stories (So it's not a novel, but I love it and could read it continuously.)

Novel You've Never Read: Catch-22 (I'm embarrassed to admit publicly that I've never read this...but there it is.)

Book Series You've Read: The Dark Tower (the first three)

Book Series You've Never Read: The Dark Tower (the last five)

Nonfiction You've Read: In Cold Blood

Nonfiction You've Never Read: Um..Dianetics? (Joke.) Into Thin Air (another one I can't believe I've never read)

Snow-Themed Movie: A Simple Plan

Non-Snow-Themed Movie: Harold and Maude and Cool Hand Luke

Movie Sequel: The Godfather II and Gremlins II (seriously)

Movie Remake: The Ring (Have you seen the original Japanese one? Dumb.)

Movie Trilogy: The Godfather

TV Channel: Bravo

Season Pass on DVR: Lost

Cartoon: Aqua Teen Hunger Force and The Simpsons

TV Collection on DVD: Twin Peaks and Carnivale (even if they never did finish it)

Magazine Subscription: Spin and Time

Appetizer: Potstickers

Entree: A wide variety of sushi rolls

Dessert: Ice cream

Fast Food Item: White Castle's chicken rings (with honey mustard, of course)

Beer: Newcastle (although I'd get grossly fat very soon)

Wine: Red. (I'm not picky.)

Liquor: Bombay Sapphire

Drink: Coffee (black)

Video Game System With Complete Game Collection: Original NES (so much Super Mario III!!!)

Single Video Game (regardless of platform): The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

Card Game: Euchre

Board Game: Trivial Pursuit (any version will do)

Pet: Chloe and Greta (one of my dogs growing up. i think these ladies would have been friends, too)

Non-Spouse Family Member to Keep You Company: My brother. (so many drunken sing-a-longs)

Albums for the Singing: Belly's King and Over the Rhine's Eve

Albums for Crying: The Smith's Hatful of Hollow and Elliott Smith's XO

Albums for General Enjoyment: Radiohead's OK Computer, Crowded House's Together Alone, and R.E.M.'s Automatic for the People

Piece of Gym Equipment: Treadmill

Exercise You'd Do Every Day: Various free-weight arm exercises. (Gotta keep the girls pretty)

Pair of Shoes: Since I won't have to leave the house - flip-flops

Item of Clothing: Pashminas as far as the eye can see

Crime You'd Wish You'd Committed PreSnow: Robbing Best Buy until they bleed.

Well, that wasted about a half an hour, anyway. Back to Battlestar Galactica, I guess - and a frakken good show that I just finally allowed myself to start watching, that.

Labels: ,



2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Despite the fact that I know you only as a virtual identity and mysterious "friend-of-Steve", the fact that you namecheck Hatful of Hollow, the single greatest album of the eighties and the soundtrack to much, if not most, of my adolescent tomfoolery, makes you a greatly esteemed personage.

Blogger Mrs. White said...

Thank you. I love you too. Let's be friends.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer