Wednesday, February 07, 2007
the moment i realized the lunch room conversation can't possibly get much worse...
was when it started out with a very painful (for me, anyway) conversation about the best way to potty train your toddler, including references to warm infantile crotches, kids peeing in inappropriate places such as the corners of the living room, and a strong endorsement of the literary merits of books like The Potty Book and Uh Oh! Gotta Go!,

and then shifted to a very awkward (for me, anyway) conversation about a murdered kid someone knew whose body was discovered in a car, burned beyond recognition and he could only be identified by his dental records,

and was then ended with a very uncomfortable (for me, anyway) silence and general shuffling of feet under the table.


(Here's to hoping someone else watches Lost tonight so tomorrow won't bring more of the same.)

Labels:



3 Comments:

Blogger Kathleen said...

Gaaa! Tell me about it. The potty training convo was just gross, and the death thing was just one of those situations where you don't know what to say, because it's trite no matter what you choose.

And, I wasn't going to stay up that late tonight to watch Lost, but after your comment, maybe I'll have to, if only to fend off bad conversation. Yeesh.

Blogger Mrs. White said...

You better man up and watch, Wife, or I might just throw a temper tantrum.

And my tantrums are epic.

Blogger girlpaint said...

i've never experienced anything like this...geez. are you trying to tell me this is what teachers talk about over lunch?! get outta there! time to start having lunch elsewhere...like hell.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer