Friday, February 09, 2007
the most thought-provoking question so far this year
Kenny returned today from yet another suspension, which would have been fine had I not suspected that he has spent the last week sitting at home snorting sugar based on how hyped-up he was to return. Yet despite displaying the predictable irritating behaviors I have come to expect (shouting out randomness at inappropriate moments, throwing things and farting, to name a few), he still managed to pose the most thought-provoking question I have been presented with yet this year. It went a little something like this:

K: Mrs. W, I'm guessing you were a nerd in middle school.

Me: I guess. Isn't everyone?

K: Yeah, but you were probably a nerd in high school too.

Me: Kenny, getting good grades in high school, which will later enable you to have a successful life is actually pretty cool.

K: Okay, but if you're so successful, why are you at a job where you have to deal with me every day?

And three hours later, this is something that I'm still pondering.

(Oh yeah, and happy weekend.)

Labels:



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer