Saturday, December 23, 2006
five things you don't know about me
I've been "tagged" by John Williams, and the result is that I must divulge five things that people may not know about me. This is kind of a stumper, since I don't think that I have a whole lot of secrets, but I managed to come up with a few things nonetheless:

1. I'm total shit at math. As far as "school math" goes, I guess I did alright - I made it to Pre-Calculus at least - but I honestly have no idea how I managed that since I can't do simple addition and subtraction without a calculator and/or using my fingers. It's kind of embarrassing, honestly.

2. I have a weaker stomach than most and the sight of a child wiggling a loose tooth or the mere suggestion of vomit is enough to set me off in a wave of dry heaves.

3. I rarely cry in general and it's even more rare that I cry at movies, but I must admit that I have cried at the end of the following movies: The Elephant Man, The English Patient, My Girl, and Home Alone (those last two were particularly difficult to admit. All I can say is that I was young and apparently Mcauley Culkin is a very fine actor to have reduced me to water works not once but twice.)

4. When I was six years old, my cousin gave me an old Duran Duran poster that he didn't want anymore, and even though I wasn't really a big fan of the band, I thought Simon LeBron was the most beautiful man I'd ever seen, developed quite the little crush on him and kissed the poster every night before going to bed.

5. Even though the intensity of my interest has dwindled a bit in recent years, I really enjoy show tunes. To date, I have committed to memory nearly every line of Rent, A Chorus Line, Jesus Christ Superstar, Little Shop of Horrors, Chicago, Phantom of the Opera and Sweeney Todd. Oh, the shame.

Well, I didn't really intend for it to, but that sort of took a little turn for the embarrassing. Not wanting to be all alone in my shame, I must now insist that Carrie, Steve, and Wife join me. So, let's hear it!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer