Wednesday, November 29, 2006
santa claus thinks my sweat is sexy
So, I was at the gym yesterday, somewhere around mile two on the treadmill, breathing pretty heavily through my mouth with sweat dripping rather unattractively down my face and pooling on the back of my neck when IT happened - the creepiest encounter I have yet to have.

I was hit on. At the gym. By Santa Claus.

He was rather portly and had horseshoe-shaped bald spot on top of his head and long, curly, snow-white hair flowing down his shoulders. He walked directly in front of my treadmill and grabbed a 30-pound barbell. With an air of absolute confidence he glanced at me, locked his eyes with mine, pursed his lips to throw an air kiss my way, slowly and clearly mouthed the words "Hey, baby," lifted his chin and gave me a wink. He then turned around to look at himself in the mirror while he struggled to lift his 30-pound weight over his head.

I
kid
you
not.


2 Comments:

Blogger Kathleen said...

Oh. My. God. That is freaking rediculous! (and really, really funny) You couldn't script that better (worse?) if you tried.

Blogger Carrie said...

That's fantastic! How lucky for you...

Yesterday I believe I got hit on my an older Nigerian fellow at the Ohio World AIDS Day conference. He kept glancing at my chest, but that's where my name tag was, so I don't know what that means. He expressed interest in my grant-writing skills and would say "Hey-Carrie!" every time I passed him. He was worried I was leaving when I got up to go to lunch. I was able to avoid him for most of the afternoon, but he has my business card now, so we'll see if he tries to make contact. I mean, who hits on people at an AIDS conference???

However, not as good as Santa Clause...

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer