Monday, November 20, 2006
an open letter to tom brady


Tom,

Tommy,

Baby,

I'm sorry, honey.

I've called you some really hurtful names during the last several weeks (pussy, fuckwit and candy-ass loser immediately come to mind), but I want you to know that after yesterday, I'm willing to put past disappointments behind us and start loving you again. Perhaps I was too quick to abandon you, and after your interception-laded debacle versus Indianapolis two weeks ago I don't see how you could really blame me for doing so, but you seem to have turned a corner this week and I know it's because you love me.

But you see, I was starting to doubt your love. You became sloppy, inconsistent and stopped returning my calls. I drafted you for my fantasy football team early and with the loftiest of hopes. Perhaps it's partly my fault; just like most of the East-coast media I put you on a bit of a pedestal and set my expectations unrealistically high. After all, you're only a man - you're not of virginal birth, you do not have muscles made of platinum and, as far as I know anyway, you can not be attributed with laying the basic foundation for democracy in this country or any other for that matter - but you are a fine quaterback, MY quarterback, and I love you, Tommy bear.

Love,
Mrs. White (aka - bea arthur's jock)

P.S. But just to be clear, despite your impressive performance this week you ARE on probation. I don't want to do it, but mess up once more and you'll be permanently warming my bench while Tony Romo gets all my lovin'.

Kisses!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer