Saturday, November 25, 2006
appetizer sampler
Sorry things have been so quiet around here as of recent; things have been busy, busy, busy. Thanksgiving was good; we had two dinners, once of which consisted of a fried turkey, a delicacy which was a delicious first for me. To protect his house from burning down my brother-in-law constructed an elaborate pully system with ropes, a ladder and a deep fryer, and the result was that I ate way more fried turkey skin than any woman ever should. Everything was delicious, but - ugh - I need to get back to the gym.

In addition to eating far too much I had the pleasure of meeting my brother's new girlfriend, Victoria, who was lovely. I commend her bravery for traveling all the way to Michigan to spend Thanksgiving with her boyfriend's family. As someone who tends to feel a bit uncomfortable when surrounded with strangers, I was impressed that she was willing to hop a plane and spend so much time during the holidays with our crazy family. I hope I came off well, but there was 110 proof Absente involved at one point so, who knows...

One thing that I didn't do this long weekend was go to my ten year high school reunion which was held last Friday. I'm not exactly sure why, but I just couldn't muster up the desire to go. It's not that I didn't enjoy my high school experience - it was fine I guess - but they certainly weren't the best years in my life. There's a longer post there, but the tryptophan has made me lethargic and I don't really feel like getting into it at the moment.

Maybe tomorrow.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer