Thursday, August 17, 2006
YoUDee? Are you kidding me?
I'm willing to bet that you didn't know that there is a Mascot Hall of Fame. Well there is. So who would you put in this Hall of Fame? There are many viable options, but in the collegiate category I would say there is a clear front runner. Sparty. Here is Sparty's video application for 2006 induction:



Shoe-in, right? Wrong. Not only was Sparty not one of this year's inductees but he got beat by this clown, YoUDee:

According to the Mascot HOF "YoUDee is the Fightin' Chicken that rallies Blue Hen fans into battle across the University of Delaware." Are you kidding me? Sparty got beat by a blue chicken? I did a Google image search of YoUDee and was presented with 462 results. An image search for Sparty will hand you 11,400 results. A classic Hall of Fame indicator is your stats, and with the numbers that Sparty puts up he was definitely snubbed. This greatly tarnishes the storied history of the Mascot Hall of Fame.

Of course, the rumors of possible steroid abuse are not helping the cause.

I now return this blog to its rightful owner.


3 Comments:

Blogger Mrs. White said...

Poor Sparty. I bet the Fightin' Chicken doesn't bag groceries, ride buses with the elderly and mow lawns.

Umm...Central's flying C is in the Mascot Hall of Fame, right?

Blogger Carrie said...

This angers me. What, did YouDee slip all the voting members $20's? Or introduce them to some Delaware cheerleaders?

I think it should be decided by who would win in a fight. Sparty would clearly kick YouDee's ass.

Don't worry Sparty- I still love you.

Blogger Abs said...

Sparty would not only kick Youdee's ass (and Brutus's, while we're at it), but would then STEAL all the Delaware and OSU cheerleaders and surely propose to at least one.
A serious oversight has been committed here and I for one will not support the Mascot Hall of Fame until it has been corrected and Sparty has been given his proper place of honor. He is the coolest mascot I have ever seen, and the only one I'm not mildly afraid of.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer