Wednesday, August 16, 2006
how to waste time when you should be creating a syllabus for the fast-approaching school year
  1. Watch an endless stream of home improvement shows on HGTV until bum goes numb.
  2. Let home improvement shows inspire one to take on any number of unnecessary home improvement projects such as: repaint closet interiors, install laminate flooring, install crown molding, and create new curtains. NOTE: Do not actually DO any of the projects. Simply waste as much time as possible making lists and doing internet searches for projects which will never actually get done.
  3. Organize bookshelves and media cabinet in a Dewey Decimal-type system.
  4. Organize clothes in closet by color.
  5. Brainstorm a name for your fantasy football team. (The Popped Collar Brigade? The Foot Fairies? My Team is Poop?)
  6. Wonder why you agreed to join a fantasy football league when the only football terminology you know is "quarterback" and "fumble."
  7. Head on over to your trusty friend, interweb, where you can create music stations inspired by bands you like, play with falling sand, and continue to rule at puzzle bobble.
  8. Rinse.
  9. Repeat.


3 Comments:

Blogger Carrie said...

I vote for My Team is Poop, but that's just me. And although I protest that I'm "football retarded", I'm not all that knowledgeable about FF. I have started finally looking at stuff this week, and the fancy Yahoo upgrade we paid for has some good explanations for beginners. You should check it out.

I'm excited that you're doing this. The ladies will rule this league. Carebears rule, bitches!

Blogger Kathleen said...

Oh my god. Tell me about it. I figured out how to can one solitary jar of pickles today (what a mess, never canned anything before) and looked up a bazillion recipes for things I will probably never make to keep from working on stuff for school. And now, instead of working on it, I'm reading blogs. Ah, procrastination in a lovely thing.

Blogger Heidi on Vashon said...

This is a fiddle farts MUST DO! -hw

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer