Wednesday, June 21, 2006
four reasons i'm happy to be alive
1. I almost never buy candy at the check out lane of the grocery store, but yesterday I say something that I could not resist: limited edition ice cream flavored Skittles. Thankfully I only bought one bag and they are only out for a limited time, because they are crazy delicious.

2. Ikea has come to Detroit. When I first heard news of this a year ago I was insane with excitement. When opening day came and I saw people camping out for days waiting to get in, my excitement turns more into a "really, what's the big deal people?" sort of attitude. And then yesterday, I finally went. And it is a big deal. A 89-cents-a square-foot-for-laminate-flooring big deal. (Good bye positive balance in my bank account. You were nice.)

3. Monday - 1st day of summer vacation - I received my first e-mail from one of next year's AP students. She wanted to know if the letter I asked her to write to me as a means of introduction needed to be double-spaced and MLA formatted. Dear God, I'm so happy that I get a summer reprieve from anal retention! (Yet, I must admit that I do feel a bit bad because I certainly have done my part in creating these crazy grammar and formatting and rubric obsessed balls of stress. But I don't have to deal with them for a few months, so, woohoo!)

4. Wolf Parade is playing The Magic Stick in Detroit on August 8th. I do love me my Wolf Parade! So, who's coming with me?


3 Comments:

Blogger Carrie said...

So, you made it to Ikea??!! I'm jealous. I told Paul we need to do at least one trip to scout out stuff before we actually go on a shopping spree. Perhaps you should accompany...

And I'd be down with Wolfmother, but we tentatively close that day. House trumps New Zealand rock bands.

Blogger Mrs. White said...

Wolf Parade, my sweet. Not Wolfmother. But you're right, even Wolf Parade can't trump closing on your first house. You're so growns up!

And yes, Ikea definitely requires a "scouting-out" trip and I am so in.

Blogger Carrie said...

My bad. Who can keep all those damn wolf bands straight, anyway?

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer