Saturday, April 22, 2006
NBA and NHL playoffs… I’ll see y’all in a few months, I’m not leaving my couch
Why do you keep relying on others to link to Bill Simmons? Y’all need to just bookmark Page 2 so Steve and Paul don’t have to keep directing you there. But since you haven’t bookmarked it yet, here’s his newest column. He sets the NBA playoffs to Pearl Jam lyrics.

I love Mason. This clip just gets me jazzed. And for those that don’t get to see the local broadcasts of Pistons games, this is how every game gets started. When the Pistons won the championship two years ago the team gave Mason a championship ring, just like the players got. Ten bucks says that he gets his second ring this year. Dude even got interviewed on NPR, here it is.

Here's Bud Light's Real Men of Genius salute to the Detroit Pistons Fans.


"Hello. My name is The Captain and I am twice the man you wish you were."

Every year the Red Wings launch a new slogan for the playoffs and have included such marketing gems as “Raise Your Hands,” “Let ‘Em See Red,” “Red Storm Rising,” and “Turn on the Red Light.” The slogan this year is:

Add the word “On” and add Eliza Dushku next to the octopus… then you’d have something.

I now return this blog to its rightful owner.



1 Comments:

Blogger Mrs. White said...

I have no idea what any of that meant so... I concure.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer