Friday, April 07, 2006
stream of consciousness-style post for a rainy friday
  • Discovered an interesting voice mail message on my cell phone today. Something to the effect of "I am bummed out to hear that you think I threw the floor hockey game. I assure you that I take my job as a junior league hockey coach seriously, and I would never favor one team over another, despite the fact that my son plays on the league. I'm pretty sure that this is really just the kids talking, but please let me know if it's the parents too." Of course it was a wrong number and I have no idea what he's talking about, but I'm pretty sure that this guy's guilty nonetheless.
  • Drove home today behind a conversion van touting a bumper sticker reading "You are proof that cowboys humped buffalo." Hmm.. so what, exactly, is this supposed to mean? That my mom's a buffalo? That I look like a buffalo? That my dad is a cowboy who practices beastiality? I'm pretty sure that none of these things are true, but perhaps I'm overdue for a talk with the folks.
  • Still feeling pretty disappointed that Austin and the gang weren't able to stage a coup during tribal council in last night's episode of Survivor. I love the underdog.
  • Probably shouldn't have told those kids today that they are evil and are going to burn in hell, even if it was meant as a joke.
  • Secretly, I'm pretty flattered that my dog loses all control over her bladder when she sees me.
  • Hell is standing in a very long line at the gym in front of four thirteen-year-olds who feel compelled to scream everything, including a boy who finds it necessary to yell "I'm awesome! I'm awesome! I'm awesome!" over and over while his friend is talking on her cell phone to another thirteen-year-old for all of eternity.
  • Was really nice to have the student teacher gone today so I could reclaim my desk and computer and let my anal-retentive organization compulsions run wild, even if that meant that I had to (gasp!) teach all day.
  • "Ten Gallon Ascots" is a pretty kick-ass song title.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer