Saturday, November 08, 2008
favorite songs of 2008, #4 of 30: thao's "swimming pools"
If I were to compile a list of my favorite albums of 2008, then Thao's We Brave Bee Stings would definitely be somewhere in the top five.  As a whole,  the songs on this album sound bouncy, light and fun, but sport lyrics revealing unexpected levels of maturity, insightfulness and depth.  "Swimming Pools" is a prime example of this, as well as my favorite of the bunch.  And on a day when the weather finally seems to have taken a turn for the frigidy, it's a pleasant reminder that summer may be gone for now but isn't gone for good.  



I can't help but love a girl who can rock a banjo. Don't you agree?

Labels: ,



1 Comments:

Blogger Carrie said...

Definitely one of the best songs of this year. I'm know I'll be blogging about this song myself before the year's up, so I'll just say I love this song for both the banjo and for the pro-female lyrics. It's cheesy, but when I'm having a hard time, the line "we brave bee stings and all" often goes through my head.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer