Tuesday, November 04, 2008
favorite songs of 2008, #2 of 30: bon iver's "skinny love"
I fell in love with Bon Iver's For Emma, Forever Ago from the very first listen. Every single song is achingly beautiful, and there's always been something very appealing to me about stripping things down to one voice and one guitar. I could have chosen several songs from the album as a favorite of mine, but I ultimately decided on "Skinny Love" since it ended up being the big single from the album. ("Big," of course, being a bit of a stretch, considering you're only likely to hear it if you're listening to satellite or college radio stations.)

Here's a lovely live version of the song, should you wish to take a listen. I figured it would be a nice choice for election day since my nerves are totally on edge and I find Justin Vernon's voice incredibly soothing. I surely hope you do too.

Labels: ,



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer