Saturday, November 01, 2008
kicking off nablopomo/nanowrimo
So, here's the deal - I've completely lost my mind and have decided that I would participate in this year's National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo).  For those unfamiliar, what that means is that I have from Nov 1st until the 30th to write a 50,000 word novel.  But no problem, right?  Piece of cake, right?  Of course, it's November 1st and I still don't even has so much as a glimmer of an idea yet for my supposed future novel....but no problem, right?  Piece of cake, right?

Right.  Heh.

Anyway, to compound the crazy, I've also decided to simultaneously participate in this year's National Blog Posting Month (NoNaBloPoMo).  You might remember that I successfully accomplished this last year, and it entails me writing a blog post every single day for the month of November.  Even on Thanksgiving Day.  Heh.

What I'm pretty much trying to tell you is that I'll be writing a ton this month, so much that I'm not even sure how quality is even possible.   So what I'm basically trying to tell you is that for the entire month of November you are to expect: typos, videos, and half-baked post ideas that probably would have never otherwise seen the light of day.  Bet you just can't hardly wait, eh?

Eh.  Okay.  Whatever. Let's roll...


3 Comments:

Blogger Gregg said...

What??

Have you completely lost your mind, Mrs. White??

(oh, wait. you have. you already said that.)

Good to hear you're going through NaBlahBlah again. And good luck with NaNoWriMo! I participated in that half-heartedly for a couple years, but I won't mention how many words I wrote. Don't wanna crush your spirit on Day One, you know. (hint: not 50K.)

I know a few people who have done both in the same month, so I know you can do it, too. One of these years, I'll give it the effort it deserves, and cross that finish line.

Meanwhile, if you need an idea for a character, how about a mysterious guy named Phil? A mysterious, six-fingered guy named Phil. A mysterious, six-fingered guy named Phil who walks with a limp and enjoys one too many whiskey sours once a week at the local watering hole. And is the worst pinball player...ever.

(sorry for interrupting the flow of your novel in its early stages. forget about Phil.)

Best writing advice ever:
Just write.
Just write.
Just write.
—Natalie Goldberg

Blogger Mrs. White said...

At least Phil is an idea, which is something that I still yet don't have. So we'll see. He might actually make it into the novel. ;)

Blogger JMW said...

Well, this is good new for readers of your blog, but it does seem like an unholy amount of work -- to hold down your job, blog every day, and write a 50,000-word novel. I wish you the best of luck. And lots of caffeine.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer