Thursday, November 06, 2008
favorite songs of 2008, #3 of 30: the mountain goats' "sax rohmer #1"
The Mountain Goats are a bit of a acquired taste I suppose, but while their previous album may have come across as a bit too mopey and pained for some listeners, this year's Heretic Pride was quite the feisty little change of pace. There's lots to love about it - at least if you're me -but my favorite moment is the one they chose to open the album with, "Sax Rohmer #1."

I'm posting it today because, and as corny as this sounds, this song just feels triumphant to me, and that's a feeling I haven't been able to shake since late Tuesday night. So sue me.

Labels: ,



2 Comments:

Blogger Carrie said...

I'm not the biggest Mountain Goats fan, but I do like this song. I'm enjoying this series of yours; you've pointed out some songs I missed this year.

Blogger JMW said...

Nice choice. I love "Michael Myers Resplendent," too.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer