Wednesday, October 08, 2008
random posts of pretty
Recently, I was able to catch the film Fur, a marvelous, cinematically lovely, and fantastically bizarre "imaginary portrait" of famed photographer Diane Arbus. The movie is certainly worth your time, if for no other reason but than to see Robert Downey Jr. playing a man suffering from a condition that covers his entire body in a thick coat of fur. (And yet he somehow remains dead sexy. That man is one rare specimen, no?)

Anyway, watching Fur piqued my interest about the true life and work of Diane Arbus, so I thought I'd do some investigating. What I discovered is that her photographs are every bit as unsettling, unique and - yes - lovely as the film they inspired. And I absolutely lurve them.

Here's a sampling of some of my favorites:






Labels: , ,



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer