Wednesday, October 08, 2008
hello, cupcake!
So, this very well may be one of *the* most unique things I've ever made, but in honor of my husband - a man born without a sweet tooth - it was the perfect birthday treat:

(Recipe via Michelle of Fine Furious Life)



Level of Ease: Very

Tastiness Factor: Well...excellent! Despite the unconventional form, this is perhaps one of the best meatloaf recipes I've ever stumbled across. And as a added bonus, don't the pink mashed potatoes just scream manliness???

Labels:



8 Comments:

Blogger Carrie said...

This is making me very hungry right now.

Blogger paul said...

This may very well be the best meat cake I've ever seen. You find a solution for the inherent meltiness of candles yet?

Blogger cornshake said...

i told Dustin about this last night and he seriously couldn't stop talking about it. he may have been talking about meat cakes in his sleep. great. looks like I will have to make this Dec. 14th.

Blogger Mrs. White said...

Yes, Paul, I did indeed solve the melty candle problem. I didn't use them. ;)

Blogger PAK said...

I believe the word you were searching for is "meat-tooth".

Those meat cupcakes look... compelling. Delicious. Any un-manliness conferred by the pink mashed potatoes is nullified by the fact that you're eating a cupcake made out of meat.

Blogger Nathan said...

The picture offers a lousy depiction of the deliciousness. I bet the same recipe makes a decent meatloaf but especially in a cupcake ratio... this is amazing.

Thank you Mrs. White for the birthday treat. I've never had a better meatloaf or birthday meal.

Blogger Michele Humes said...

I'm really proud that you made these meatcakes. I feel terrible that my cheeky comment earlier may have sounded catty, I really never meant it to. Happy birthday again!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I will have them.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer