Friday, October 17, 2008
know hope
It's only Friday and so technically I'm still on my blogging sabbatical, but after a week fraught with frustrations and worries it sure was nice to click on over to Andrew Sullivan's blog and read this:
"I'm 84 years old. I had a lot of good colored people. They didn't bother me. I didn't bother me. They was good to me; I was good to them. That's all I can say,"  - Steve Nagy, retired miner in West Virginia, to David Greene of NPR.
Am I disgusted, appalled and frankly a bit terrified of some of the hateful venom that certain desperate factions are spewing? Of course.  But at the end of the day, I remain confident that this election will ultimately be more about how far we've come rather than how far some of us still need to go. 


And I'll be back to my version of normal on Monday, but in the meantime have a restful weekend.  Missed you and junk.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer