Tuesday, March 04, 2008
verbage: right about now, i'm...
...doing most anything to avoid grading the essays I've been lugging around since Monday last.

...crossing my fingers that by this time tomorrow the Democratic primary will be decided, not so much because I'm rooting for one particular candidate (which, of course, I am), but because I feel very strongly that this needs to be over and done with already.  The longer the Hillary/Obama battle wages on, the more time we spend focusing on shredding one another rather than banding together to set our sights on what's truly important: making sure we don't replace one war monger with another.


...illustrating that last point with examples for those of you who simply cannot be bothered with clicking on links when they are provided:





...enjoying the last blackberry cabernet cupcake and thanking Mary publicly for her awesome recipe.

...still, 24 hours later, sitting all amazed at how visually stunning Sunshine was, and forgiving it for taking turn for the Event Horizon.  (But forgiveness comes easy, considering that the latter was a pretty terrible movie, all things considered.)

...listening to Basia Bulat.  Again.

...thinking this song and its video are both the bee's knees.

...wishing I had some crab rangoons right about now.

...sneezing.

...grimacing at the weather report, which - what's new? - looks ominous.  
...dreaming of a snow day.

...fearing that - once again - my dreams will only come to naught.

...sighing deeply and staring off - eyes all dewy with the hope I still cannot help but feel.



3 Comments:

Blogger Mary said...

Thank you for such a lovely compliment. And thank you for introducing me to Basia Bulat. I may have to go get their CD now.

And it's surprising how funny Garfield is when it's just Jon!

Blogger Mrs. White said...

No problem, and you definitely should get that CD. It's rad. :)

Blogger Carrie said...

I woke up with In the Night in my head this morning, and I adore that video now. Totally cute.

And yes, thank you and Mary for the cupcakes. They were delicious. Mary, I'm gonna have to come looking for other recipes now...

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer