Friday, July 13, 2007
and finally, rome...
...and if you made it this far than you either a) love other people's vacation pictures, b) went on the trip with me, or c) are a very, very good friend.

Since we spent one of our Rome days in Pompeii, we only had one full day in the city, but we did get to see some of the most important highlights such as like the Colosseum, Trevi Fountain, The Vatican and the Pantheon. But it simply wasn't enough time. I want to go back, and you should come with me. How's next summer sound to you?






And with that, I'm done. Thanks for being a good sport and sitting through it all, and I promise to post nothing Italy related again in the near future. Unless, of course, Mt. Vesuvius erupts again. It's due to happen any day, you know...


4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great post! Er, posts. Your photographic eye is keen, and we all benefit from it, "we all" meaning "those of us who can't imagine flying for so long and being so far away from home."

Looks like you had a blast, so good on all you all.

Blogger Abs said...

Oooh, I miss Rome.
You know, we also had that "imminent danger" feeling in Naples and took the next train out of there instead of roaming about. And I hear you on Assisi--we had a similar experience in Paestum, which was our jumping-off point for Pompeii. It was amazing, and our hotel was actually an agricultural estate that served dinners at a long table with plenty of house red wine. There are temples there!

Blogger cornshake said...

ah, lovely shots--esp the cute one of you and nathan in the gondola! i've only been to rome (ha-*only*, poor me!) and i'm so jealous you've been to Florence AND Pompeii. Was this just for vacay or was it with your school??

Blogger Mrs. White said...

It was a weird combination of a school trip and a family facation that somehow worked since the kids were (miraculously) extremely well behaved and the most I had to do other than organizing things was count heads and make sure they were up in the morning.

And yes, I ate my weight in gelato. :)

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer