Sunday, April 15, 2007
sunday morning at my house (which could be a series, but probably shouldn't)
Nate: (from a reclined position on the sofa, screaming at the television) Go, little people! Go! Go! Go, little people! The camel is catching up to you!!

Me: (entering the living room, sweaty and stinky from the gym, yet still ravishing as always) What are you watching?

Nate: Midgets racing a camel.

Me: Huh? (careening my head towards the television screen to see that, indeed, he really is watching a relay race where four little people are competing, and losing, against a camel.)

Nate: (changing the subject) Oh, and you missed it.

Me: Missed what?

Nate: While you were at the gym, Chloe put on a one-act play.

Me: Our dog, Chloe? (dryly) Really.

Nate: Yeah. It was fantastic. (a slight pause) Well, there was this one song and dance number that she didn't quite pull off, but overall is was really quite touching.

Me: (humoring him) Do you think she'll do it again so I can see it?

Nate: No, I don't think so. She said it was just for me.

Me: I see...well that's a shame.

Nate: Oh, and I moved Mr. Smirby.

Me: He's out of the fridge?



Nate: Yeah. Now he's up there. (pointing) In the jungle reeds.



Me: Yes, I see that. Very well then. (turning to leave) I'm going to take a shower now.

Nate: You know, this is why you married me. All the dumb stuff I say? You like it.

Me: (turning back, eyebrows arched) I do? And here I was under the impression that I was unaware of this side effect until it was too late.

Labels: , , ,



2 Comments:

Blogger Carrie said...

How have I not met Mr. Smirby yet???

Blogger Nathan said...

You've probably seen him, he's definitely seen you. I move him around the house to various locations so he can watch over the family and protect us from harm. Our house has two guardians, Chloe and Mr. Smurby.

And Mr. Smurby is offended, M., that you've misspelled his name. You've known him for about a decade . I would think you'd have taken the time to learn the correct spelling of his name. Have you no respect?

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer