Tuesday, April 10, 2007
but we wouldn't want them to not be able to listen to my chemical romance in history class
I seemed to miss this story when it first appeared in the local news this past weekend, and good thing because it very well may have ruined, or at least put a damper on, my Easter holiday.

So let me get this straight - in a state that is facing an almost a $4 billion deficit, when individual school districts across the state are facing million dollar deficits, when the state Legislature is threatening to cut school funding (again) next year, when I have to go to countless staff meetings led by all levels of administrators who are telling us that our particular district will be cutting staff (again), cutting programs (again), and increasing class sizes (again), when I spend the better part of my day telling kids to take the damn ear buds out of their ears so they can hear every single one of my pearls of wisdom, you're going to tell me that the Michigan House is proposing to spend God only knows how much money to...

(ahem)

...buy an i-pod for every public school student??? Are you freaking serious?!

Dumb. Dumb. Dumb.

(Grrr)

Dumb.

Labels:



1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

O! H!

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer