Friday, April 13, 2007
spring break! u.s.a.!
Okay, so it really hasn't been all that exciting and I've been thoroughly unproductive. And that's the worst part - I don't have much of anything to show for my week off. I didn't collect a single jewel, write a single book, mail a single suspicious package to Nigeria, and wouldn't you know that I never even meet a Dominican man, much less get seduced by him.

It's all been a bit dull around here, really.

Of course, there are things I could do. I could still grade those 50 modernism essays that have been in my car all week. I could cook something. I could clean up the disaster that is my backyard. I could change out of my pajama pants and into something a bit more...respectable.

But I don't think I will. Instead, I think I'll just take a cue from Dave Foley and spend the last weekend of my spring break getting good and girly drink drunk (which is like getting regular drunk but with ice cream and tiny paper umbrellas).

And here is where I would have liked to upload that Kids in the Hall sketch which would help explain my weekend plans for those who are a little less familiar with Canadian sketch comedy, however since YouTube has gone all corporate they've taken it down. So instead, here's the Buddy Cole "gay marriage" sketch which got missed somehow. It's not what I wanted, but it's the next best thing, seeing as a) he's girly, b) he's drunk and c) I do love a good symbol. It's the only instrument that I can play.



spring break! u.s.a.!


1 Comments:

Blogger Carrie said...

I for one will be downing mojitos this weekend like they're going out of style. So sounds like our plans are similar, although I won't be celebrating Spring Break. 'Cause I don't get one. Ever. Nor a summer vacation. So keep that in mind. The long period where my friends are no longer on campus and I spend my days trapped in my windowless office not taking advantage of the sunshine loom largely ahead. Woe is me.


What was I talking about again? Oh yeah. Mojitos. Mmmmm... Rum.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer