Friday, March 30, 2007
Do you realize
...that my hairdryer broke this morning, leading me to the discovery that it is impossible to dry my hair with a curling iron despite a solid attempt? That, surprisingly, my hair looks better today than it has all week? That the fact that I’m even thinking about this still means that my vanity is hopeless?

…that the new Modest Mouse albums sounds much better in my car at 6:30 am than it does in my house on a Saturday afternoon?

…that there is a chance, albeit only a sleight one, that I may have viral meningitis, but since I wish to not subject myself to either a spinal tap or an MRI, I will continue to self-medicate with cough drops and aspirin and chocolate chip cookies? Of course, it might only be a cold coupled with a sore neck induced by stress, but if I call it viral meningitis I can justify skipping the gym all week?

…that if I skip the gym for only one week I immediately feel as if I have gained 10% body fat? That I really do need to get back there else you won’t ever love me?

…that it’s harder than you might think to explain the difference between war and genocide to curious teenagers?

…that I’m really digging the book that I’m reading right now, both in its concept and execution? That it's sentences like, “so I let the rain drum its tune on my coat as the others ran past me over the road to the school gates with bars like teeth ready to eat another day out of them and out of me,” that make me love it all the more?

…that I’m finding it terribly difficult to find a single Allen Ginsberg poem that would be appropriate for my kids to read? That I’m not sure how I could teach then about the Beat Generation without covering Ginsberg? That I’m thinking of risking it and giving them “America” to read anyway? That I think they might like me just enough not to rat me out to THE MAN?

…that it’s Friday? That I have four more wake ups to go until spring break? That this is awesome?

Well, do you?

Labels: , ,



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer