Thursday, February 22, 2007
books: 5 down, 19 to go: the zombie survival guide
My lovely zombie buddy (In the sense that we are both intensely interested in zombies, not that he is a zombie. At least, I don't think so...) was kind enough to lend me his copy of Max Brooks's The Zombie Survival Guide: Complete Protection from the Living Dead for this year's book #5. The book delivers exactly what the title promises, tips and strategies to fight off, defend oneself from, and overcome a zombie threat. It reads exactly like a manual and, indeed, there is exactly one joke - a joke that, in my opinion at least, was funny enough to carry the book. Additionally, it was a real eye-opener for me, since I have discovered that due to the inaccessibility of my attic, my general ignorance of firearms and the fact that I have not yet secured a refuge on a remote island, I am currently woefully unprepared in the event that there is a zombie attack in my future. But since I am a fighter and refuse to be paralyzed by fear, consider my training underway. (And please do let me know if you'd care to pool resources.)

Next Up: Lost and Found, by Carolyn Parkhurst (on loan from my lovely Amazing Race buddy)

Labels: , , , , ,



1 Comments:

Blogger Abs said...

Just FYI, I have some skill with a pistol. I can fire a rifle, but due to the weight of most rifles, combined with the likely necessity of holding up said rifle for many minutes due to many zombies, I'm better off with a handgun. A Ruger works pretty well.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer