Thursday, August 31, 2006
music: august: apology time
I have a few things to apologize for this month, but the most important amends needs to be made to the two school custodians who I enraged earlier today. Seeing as the custodian is the absolute LAST person you want to piss off in the building, I'm pretty sure I'm doomed to a school year full of overflowing garbage cans and a permanent dust storm around my chalkboard. I guess there's really nothing I can do about it now seeing as I'm pretty sure they don't read my blog, but just in case they do...Hi! I'm very sorry I walked through your newly waxed floor. Twice.

Err, anyway I do have some other apologies to make of the musical kind, and they go a little something like this:

To: Irving
Re: My mistreatment of your band when I saw you open for Voxtrot
Oh dear, this one's hard. Irving, you rock so hard. I absolutely love Death in the Garden, Blood on the Flowers. Your sound is sorta pop-y, sultry and goth-y, and that's pretty much how I like to rock it. If I had known how sweet you were back in January when I saw you play at the Lager House I might have gone into the other room to actually listen to you. I think I may have even said some disparaging things that I fear you may have heard after you had finished your set and started playing pool next to my table. I'm sorry. You rock. I suck. Go Irving!

To: Jenny Lewis and the Watson Twins
Re: My sluggish response to Rabbit Fur Coat
Ms. Lewis, I think I owe you some overdue credit. I listened to Rabbit Fur Coat back in January, but it just didn't resonate with me for some reason so I shelved it. For whatever reason I started listening to your album again this month and now I get it. I'm pretty much listening to you all the time now and, although you make me happy, I can't help but feel a twinge of guilt over my earlier slight. I'm sorry. It's me, not you. Perhaps I was just jealous. Or was suffering from a mild concussion. Whatever.

To: Bridges and Powerlines
Re: ???
Um, I don't really have anything to apologize to you for. I guess I'm just sorry that e-music only let me download half of your album and I really, really want the other half. So fork it up, already punks!

And with that public confession, I'm off to atone for my sins. Ten Hail Marys should do the trick, don't you think?


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there, I spotted your blog. Sorry to hear about your emusic problem! Just send us an email at bridgesandpowerlines@gmail.com with your address and I'll mail you a copy of the CD.

Blogger Mrs. White said...

Umm..thanks! BTW, it's e-music who's the punk! Not you! (he he...umm...)

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer