Monday, April 24, 2006
wake up.
This morning:

4:45 am- Alarm goes off alarmingly early. Hit snooze.

4:54 am - Alarm sounds again. Journey's "Wheel in the Sky" plays and I smile a bit, then snooze some more.

5:03 am - Yet again, alarm sounds. Song unknown. Vague realization hits that people are waiting for me. My sister is in the car outside waiting for me to open the store and I still have a lot of baking to do.

5:04 am - Decide that, although it's rude, my sister can wait another 9 minutes and I can hit snooze once more.

5:12 am - Alarm sounds. Rush plays "Subdivisions." Heart jumps in my throat and I sit, alerted. I'm late for my sister and the store and the baking.

5:13 am - Wake up enough to realize that:
a) I'm not late for anything,
b) I don't own a bakery, thus I have no pressing baking needs,
c) I don't have a sister, and
d) 4:45 am is way too early for any human being to have to wake up. Ever.



1 Comments:

Blogger Carrie said...

Oh, this made me laugh out loud in my office. I kinda wish you owned a bakery with your non-existent sister. If you'd like to know, in my dream this morning I was part of some amusement park stage show about Mayans sacrifices, except the people in the show getting sacrificed actually started dying. I was gravely injured, but instead of coming to my aid, people in the audience were more concerned with the woman going into labor. What?????

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer