Monday, March 06, 2006
my completely irrelevant oscar reactions
I'm going to keep this one short, since staying up until after midnight and then rising at 5 am makes Maggie a tired and very cranky girl, but I feel compelled to post a few of my opinions about last nights Academy Awards before I take a much needed nap.

On fashion: Charlize, that is the most butt-ugly dress that I've seen since this one. Speaking of Uma, your dress was pretty enough, but beige is not your color and your make-up makes you look a bit scary. Salma, well done. I loved the color and the swoopy thing that's happening around your shoulder. Now go help Charlize.

On Dolly Parton: Good God, woman. How can you be so old, yet so skinny? Futhermore, it never ceases to amaze me how very large your bosoms are. Good singin', by the way.

On Best Picture: Come on, Academy. Crash? Lame. I really did enjoy the movie, but I strongly feel that the winner was the weakest of the five nominees.

On Philip Seymour Hoffman: It doesn't lessen my love for you, but I really do wish you would have barked at least part of your acceptance speech.

On Middle-Aged White Guys Suffering Through "It's Hard Out Here for a Pimp" - Hilarious. Thank you academy for making it possible. Moms tells me that pops quit the show out of frustration and went to bed when they announced this song for the winner. Personally, I think Dolly's song was better, but what can you do.

On Jon Stewart: Cheer up. So what if your celebrity audience didn't think you were funny?They're all narcissistic, self-indulgent assholes anyway. I thought you were very funny, especially your Cheney joke and your "election ad" spoofs. And it could be worse; you could have been David Letterman.


3 Comments:

Blogger Carrie said...

I forgot about Salma's dress- hers was my very favorite!

Blogger Mrs. White said...

Mine too! I wasn't sure at first about Michelle's Williams (the color was so bright outside) but I've since decided that it was great, especially since it was so different.

Blogger Nathan said...

I have no idea what you are talking about. I was paying attention honoring of the art of film, not the color of dresses.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer