Tuesday, February 28, 2006
public opinion poll
Well, it's Fat Tuesday and I'm determined to spend as much time as I can in my pajama pants eating Haagan Daas' chocolate and peanut butter ice cream and watching as much mindless television as I can before I begin my Lenten fast. Apparently, many of you think I'm crazy. I think I just need to plan well. So here's what I'm thinking for my TV 'diet.'

Monday: Wife Swap (I know, I know. I can't help it. And there's not much else on on Mondays.)
Tuesday: Amazing Race 9 (Two dysfunctional people per team is the only way it was meant to be.)
Wednesday: Lost (Watch out for weeks when this is a re-run. I might just have to punch someone out of withdrawal.)
Thursday: Survivor (Duh.)
Friday: TiVo'd episodes of "My Name is Earl" and "The Office" (So try to avoid spoilers until Friday night, huh?)
The weekend: Two measly hours per day to catch up on TiVo'd episodes of House, Law in Order - Criminal Intent, SNL, or whatever else I couldn't fit in during the week. Oh, and The Sopranos if that promise ever comes through.

So, am I missing anything?

Also, there are some issues that I need some advice on. What do you think about:

  • video games? (I'm thinkin' it shouldn't count. After all, it's interactive.)
  • the morning news? (I tend to have this on in the mornings while I do my hair and make-up in the false hope that a blizzard willhit White Lake, Michigan and school will be closed. But will it cut into my time now? I certainly hope not.)
  • the nightly news? (True, a girl should know what's going on in the world, however I have been wasting money on a newspaper subscription that's been largely going to waste...)
  • sitting in the living room while Nathan watches TV? (I live in a very small house, people. Reading a book or the newspaper while listening to my i-pod should be safe, right? No?)
  • movies. (I'm inclined to think that if I have to pay for it - rentals for instance - it should be okay. )
  • movies in a movie theater. (I don't think this should count at all. After all, I have to leave the house to do this, and part of the goal here is to get my ass off the sofa.)
  • being a guest in someone's house. (It would be just plain rude to demand a host turn of the tele, don't 'cha think?)

Well, I have retinas to burn on Law and Order reruns. It may take a small temper tantrum to get Nathan to turn Sports Center off, however.



2 Comments:

Blogger Carrie said...

Ok, so here's what I think: Going to the movies absolutely does not count. Renting movies: probably not. Video games: probably not, especially if you're playing with other people (like Mario Party). However, if the goal is to get your ass off the couch, then a marathon day of playing Zelda may be counter productive.

And, since I'm opposed to local news broadcasts of any kind, I think you should try to cut those down. Read your newspaper instead. (But that's just me- Toledo news SUCKS.) Also, your plan for when Nathan watches tv sounds good, provided that you don't get sucked in!

I'll try to be supportive, dear Maggie. Mostly by trying to not spoil The Office for you. And if/when you come visit, we can try to leave the tv off. It'll be like 4th of July; we'll just sit around hungover and read the thousand magazines at our house.

Good luck! Happy Fat Tuesday (and Amazing Race premeire)!

Blogger Mrs. White said...

It tastes like heaven.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer