Thursday, January 05, 2006
why me?
Me: Realism is a movement in American literature when authors tried to use imagery to create a vivid picture of a scene. You need to remember that television wasn't invented yet, so many people liked all the time these authors spent on the little details to paint a picture of the scene.

Anonymous AP Student: So, I have a question. Since we have television now, why do people still write books? Can't they just make movies instead? It seems like writers are just wasting a lot of paper.

Me: (Pregnant pause) Well.....some people like to read. Apparently not you, however.

(Did I mention this was in an AP class???)


2 Comments:

Blogger Carrie said...

Maggie, aren't you're supposed to teach them the wonders of books? Or not. Screw 'em.

Anyway, I wanted to tell you that I listened to the Andrew Bird album last night and I really like it. I think it's pretty interesting. Thanks!

Blogger JMW said...

I think if I keep reading your blog, I'm going to have even more reason to question my current career choice of book editor. That said, straighten these kids out. You can do it.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer