Friday, July 03, 2009
favorite songs of '09: white rabbits' "percussion gun"
I've been enjoying It's Frightening - White Rabbits' sophomore album - quite a bit recently, so when my husband discovered they were playing a teeny tiny venue, that my buddy's band was opening, and that the cover charge was negligible, you can understand that we jumped at the chance. I wasn't really sure what to expect of them live so my expectations were slightly tempered, however, they rawked and I was exceedingly pleased.

You don't get a full appreciation for how percussively raucous this band is until you see them perform. Most of the time they play with two drummers and at one point they use as many as three, lending them this pulsing, vaguely tribal sound that I really dig. You'll get the general idea of this from watching their performance on David Letterman, however, imagine listening to this in a space only slightly larger than my living room. My ears! They ring!

Labels: ,



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer