Wednesday, June 24, 2009
every shining time you arrive
Recently, it seems as if there's a constant stream of '90s bands releasing new albums: Dinosaur Jr, Sonic Youth, and now Sunny Day Real Estate. Personally, I really don't need another Dinosaur Jr album and although I've always appreciated Sonic Youth I've never really been much of a fan, but I must admit that the prospect of another Sunny Day Real Estate album makes my 20-year-old emo heart do a little flip. The Rising Tide was practically the soundtrack of my early 20's; that is, until some heartless bastard broke into my car and absconded with it. And far be it from me to begrudge a man his 'music to sit and be sullen to,' but I would have happily burned him a copy if he needed it so badly.

Consequently, if I know anything it is this: when a girl's emo music is stolen, the days ahead loom quiet, long and dark...

Labels:



2 Comments:

Blogger MB said...

Maggie, I am convinced that you are my music soulmate. :)

Blogger Mrs. White said...

That's because you have impeccible taste!

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer