Friday, June 19, 2009
favorite songs of '09: slow club's "it doesn't have to be beautiful"
Besides being a more consistent blogger, I've spent much of my first week of summer vacation giving my house a deep and thorough cleaning - tackling nooks and crannies that haven't been cleaned in at least a year, if not much longer. And in the words of Captain Walter E. Kurtz, "I've seen horrors..."

So maybe it hasn't been too terribly pleasant, but wadding in the muck and the grime has given me a chance to catch up on some new music I've been saving but haven't had the time to give a close listen to. In fact, I've sampled so many new things that I'm thinking about making this a weekly event (though we'll see how that goes...).

Anyway, one of my favorite new bands is Slow Club. I've already written about them once over here, but I think they're so nice I've decided to post on them twice. They're British, fun, a touch quirky, and sound a little like Tilly and the Wall. So, really - what's not to love?

Labels: ,



2 Comments:

Blogger Carrie said...

I want this, and it's no longer at the location I'm presuming you got it from. Grrrrr.

Blogger Carrie said...

Nevermind. I found it last night and am listening to it now. Nice!

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer