Monday, December 15, 2008
favorite songs of 2008, #21 of 35: cut copy's "lights & music"
In the interest of full disclosure, you should know that - once upon a time - I spent nearly two years worth of Friday nights at the same gay dance club.  (And yet I wondered why I had such a hard time managing a date.  Crazy, I know.)  So yes, as embarrassing as it might be for a woman my age to admit, Cut Copy appeals to me.  

You see, as hard as I sometimes try to suppress it, there still exists an eighteen-year-old version of me who likes body glitter, fishnet stockings, glow sticks, and who prefers the safe company of homosexual men to that of people who MIGHT ACTUALLY BE ATTRACTED TO HER.  

(Whatever.  Maybe I don't go dancing much anymore, but a girl still needs her gym tunes, right?)


Labels: ,



1 Comments:

Blogger Carrie said...

I like this song a lot- I don't think there's anything shameful about it! Although I'm not actually sure if you're embarassed about liking this song or spending too much time in gay dance clubs, but either way I wouldn't worry about it. I mean, what girl didn't appreciate the opportunity to dance at a club without being grinded on by whatever creepy guy was in the vicinity?

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer