Tuesday, November 18, 2008
favorite songs of 2008, #9 of 30: vampire weekend's "cape cod kwassa kwassa"
In honor of this week's book review, I've decided to attempt blogging for the remainder of the week with the theme of nerdiness in mind. We'll see how long I can manage until I run out of steam, but this stupid novel I'm writing (77 pages and counting!) is currently monopolizing all of my creative energies. I’m hoping thematic blogging will help.

So, and with the aforementioned theme in mind, today I bring you my favorite song off Vampire Weekend’s much buzzed self-titled debut: “Cape Cod Kwassa Kwassa.” For those of you not in the know, Vampire Weekend is a band comprised of former Columbia University students who, despite being *very* Caucasian, draw heavy inspiration from traditional African music. Occasionally, they also sing about grammar. I’m not sure Vampire Weekend should win the top spot of nerdiest bands on the current scene, but let’s just say they’d at least be in the conversation.


Labels: ,



1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Another one of my favorite songs of the year, too. This song makes me wistful for this past summer. I wish it was June. Or the 4th of July!

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer