Wednesday, November 12, 2008
favorite songs of 2008, #6 of 30: the decemberists' "record year"
The Decemberists place quite highly on my list of favorite bands I've yet to see live - an unfortunate slight I'll soon be rectifying, as I'm heading up to East Lansing in just a few hours to see them perform for my very first time. As you might imagine, I'm practically giddy with excitement, and although I have a long list of old standards I hope to hear, "Record Year", a new song off their Always the Bridesmaid: A Singles Series, is a moment I'm anxiously awaiting. The single can be found on Volume III of Always the Bridesmaid (due for release in early December) and is, at least from where I sit, the best song of the series. It's a gracefully grey, wistful little thing, and a perfect match for today's dark clouds. Man, I'm excited to hear this sucker up close and personal...

Labels: ,



1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Decemberists are one of my top 25 bands. Their song Yankee Bayonet is amazing. Great blog

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer