Wednesday, November 12, 2008
favorite songs of 2008, #6 of 30: the decemberists' "record year"
The Decemberists place quite highly on my list of favorite bands I've yet to see live - an unfortunate slight I'll soon be rectifying, as I'm heading up to East Lansing in just a few hours to see them perform for my very first time. As you might imagine, I'm practically giddy with excitement, and although I have a long list of old standards I hope to hear, "Record Year", a new song off their Always the Bridesmaid: A Singles Series, is a moment I'm anxiously awaiting. The single can be found on Volume III of Always the Bridesmaid (due for release in early December) and is, at least from where I sit, the best song of the series. It's a gracefully grey, wistful little thing, and a perfect match for today's dark clouds. Man, I'm excited to hear this sucker up close and personal...

Labels: ,



2 Comments:

Blogger Carrie said...

Have fun! I'm so disappointed I can't go with you! Of course the concert has to be the night before the ONE day I'm required to go to Columbus, bite my tongue and kiss ass. Because I'd really rather be standing next to you and singing Engine Driver.

OpenID cabenelson said...

The Decemberists are one of my top 25 bands. Their song Yankee Bayonet is amazing. Great blog

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer